A Morioka City Photo Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008

Meet Sara

This is SARA. She stands outside the 106 building. Behind her is one of the best Thai restaurants in the city. Before it was a restaurant it was the only cafe with al fresco dining. I can't tell you how many panini's and cups of espresso I had there, but I am pretty certain that I paid their rent a couple of times over during the years they were there.

Coffee shops, actually the Kissaten are an important part of Japanese culture. They are more like a second home than a place to get a double decaf-latte with lowfat milk. Coffee is slow time here.

What do you do to shift your gears into low?

4 comments:

Hilda said...

And SARA is… ?

;)

Liquid said...

I breathe slowly.

NYD said...

Hilda, hello.
To answer your Query; I don't really know. I have asked her many times, but all she ever does is ignore me.

Liquid~ I shall have to try that someday. Maybe I can rent some scuba gear and sit at the bottom of a pool.

Anonymous said...

SARA is beautiful! I wish we had a good Thai place close...have to go into the big city for that.

Sitting on the bottom of a pool and watching the bubbles rise is what I would consider a perfect dive.

About Me

My photo
Lilliput, Japan
Take some time and look at the world around you- Amazing, isn't it?

Being Solid

Pictures, even bad ones take a lot of effort.
Most of the pictures on this page are mine. Feel free to use them so long as you display artistic credit and or a link to this site, thanks.

Almost all of the files I publish are quite large.
Feel free to download and resize them to suit your needs.

Peace.

Picture perfect people.

Blog Archive